Office of the Municipal Clerk
The Municipal Clerk is a mandatory position in every municipality in the State of NJ. The Municipal Clerk must hold a Registered Municipal Clerk Certificate (RMC), issued by the Division of Local Government Services in the Department of Community Affairs. A Registered Municipal Clerk is appointed by the Governing Body of each Municipality for a 3-year term.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Patricia L. Bussow, RMC/CMR
phone: 973-383-4280 ext 223
Deputy Municipal Clerk
phone: 973-383-4280 ext 224
Duties of the Municipal Clerk
The Municipal Clerk is charged with the following statutory responsibilities:
- Secretary to the Governing Body
- Secretary of the Municipal Corporation
- Chief Administrative Officer of All Elections held in the Municipality
- Chief Registrar of Voters in the Municipality
- Custodian of Records of the Municipality
Functions of the Township Clerk’s Office include, but are not limited to:
- Dog Licensing
- Food and Vending Licensing
- Garage Sale Applications
- Landlord Registration
- Legalized Games of Chance Licensing (Raffle, Bingo, Amusement, etc.)
- OPRA Requests
- Voter Registration
No notices at this time.
Forms can be found on the Forms and Applications page.