AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF ANDOVER, COUNTY OF SUSSEX, STATE OF NEW JERSEY TO ESTABLISH CHAPTER 123 “REGISTRATION OF CERTAIN VACANT AND ABANDONED PROPERTIES” OF THE GENERAL ORDINANCES OF THE TOWNSHIP OF ANDOVER NOTICE OF FINAL ADOPTION
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that the foregoing Ordinance was adopted at a public hearing held at a Hybrid Meeting of the Township Committee of the Township of Andover on July 7, 2022. Said Hybrid Meeting was held virtually via Zoom and in person at the Municipal Building, 134 Newton Sparta Road, Newton, NJ 07860, at which time all persons were given the opportunity to be heard concerning same. This Ordinance shall take effect immediately upon publication, as required by law.
Patricia L. Bussow, RMC,
RESOLUTION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF ANDOVER, COUNTY OF SUSSEX AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY, AUTHORIZING THE SALE OF BLOCK 136, LOT 11, 5 ARTHUR AVENUE WHICH IS NO LONGER NEEDED FOR PUBLIC USE BY THE TOWNSHIP
WHEREAS, the Township of Andover is the owner of certain land and premises within the Township of Andover and is commonly known as Block 136, Lot 11, 5 Arthur Avenue; and
WHEREAS, the Mayor and Township Committee of the Township of Andover does hereby determine that the lands and properties set forth in Schedule A are no longer needed for public use; and
WHEREAS, the Township of Andover desires to make available for public sale said lands, with the right of prior refusal to be afforded to adjacent property owners pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:12-13.2.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Township Committee of the Township of Andover as follows:
- The Township of Andover hereby declares that the lands and premises set forth in Schedule A are no longer needed for public use and should be sold in accordance with appropriate statutes of the State of New Jersey.
- The Township Committee of the Township of Andover hereby authorizes the Township Clerk/Administrator to offer for sale to the highest bidder by open public sale at auction the property set forth in Schedule A below and made a part hereof.
- The public sale shall take place at the Andover Township Municipal Building, 134 Newton Sparta Road, Newton, New Jersey, 07860 on May 20, 2021, at 7:00p.m., or virtually, or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard and publicly announced, provided the sale is not cancelled.
- The public sale, if not cancelled, shall take place by open public sale at auction to the highest bidder.
- The successful bidder at the time of the sale must present cash or a certified check or money order, payable to the Township of Andover, in an amount that equals 10% of the assessor’s suggested minimum sales price. This deposit shall be non-refundable. The balance of the purchase price shall be paid to the Township no later than sixty (60) days following the acceptance by the Township and the tender of marketable title to the purchaser and submitted to the Township. The purchaser shall be entitled to possession immediately following closing of title.
- The Township makes no representation as to the title or any other aspects of the land to be sold, including utility, sewer or environmental conditions.
- At closing of title, purchaser shall also pay to the Township a buyer’s premium in the amount of ten (10%) percent of the bid amount.
- The minimum bid for this property is $50,000. The Township reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids at the public sale and not to award to the highest bidder. Such decision will be made by the Township Committee at a Public Meeting within 30 days from the date of such sale.
- In the event the Township of Andover is unable to convey clear and marketable title, insurable at regular rates by a title insurance company authorized to do business in the State of New Jersey, the Township shall forthwith return to the purchaser the deposit and neither party shall have any further rights against the other. The acceptance of a deed by the purchaser from the Township shall extinguish any claims the said purchaser may have against the Township of Andover in connection with the quality of title conveyed.
- All conveyances by the Township shall be made by way of a Quit Claim Deed, unless an adequate title binder prepared at the expense of the purchaser is forwarded to the Township prior to the conveyance and discloses that the Township holds marketable title in which case a Bargain and Sale Deed with Covenants Against Grantor’s Acts will be the form of conveyance. The Township will include within its deed a metes and bounds description based upon a survey if a survey and metes and bounds description is obtained by the purchaser.
- The Township Committee of the Township of Andover reserves the right to waive any and all defects and informalities in any proposal and to accept or reject the highest responsible and responsive bidder deemed to be in the best interests of the Township.
- In those cases where the property being offered is an under-sized lot, adjoining property owners shall be given the first right to bid.
- A public notice of sale shall be published in the Township’s official newspaper at least once a week for two consecutive weeks, the last publication being no earlier than seven (7) days prior to the date set forth for the public sale, which notice shall contain the conditions of this sale in accordance with N.J.S.A. 40A:12-13(a).
- In the event the successful bidder fails to close on the property, he/she shall forfeit ten percent (10%) of the purchase price.
This Resolution shall take effect immediately.
I, Patricia L. Bussow, Municipal Clerk of the Township of Andover, in the County of Sussex in the State of New Jersey, do hereby certify that the foregoing Resolution is a true copy of the Original Resolution duly passed and adopted by a majority of the full membership of the Andover Township Committee at its Regular Meeting held on April 15, 2021.
Patricia L. Bussow, RMC Administrator/Municipal Clerk
|#||Block||Lot||Approx Acreage||Zone||Location||Tax Assessor Suggested Minimum Bid|
|1||136||11||5 Arthur Ave||$50,000|
Notice of May 20th Meeting
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-6 et seq., the regular public meeting of the Township Committee of the Township of Andover previously scheduled for 6:00 p.m. on May 20, 2021 as an all-remote meeting via Zoom, is hereby converted to an in-person meeting only to be held at the Andover Township Municipal Building, 134 Newton Sparta Road, Newton, NJ, 07860. Immediately after opening the meeting, the Township Committee will hold a closed, executive legal session which the public will not be permitted to attend. At 7:00 p.m., the meeting will be reopened to the public.
The meeting agenda to the extent known will be available on the Township’s website, www.andovertwp.org in advance of the meeting. The agenda is also available from the Administrator/Municipal Clerk’s office and may be requested by calling 973-383-4280 during regular business hours.
Patricia L. Bussow, RMC, Administrator/Municipal Clerk
May 10, 2021
A RESOLUTION OF THE TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF ANDOVER, COUNTY OF SUSSEX AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY AUTHORIZING THE AWARD OF A CONTRACT FOR SOLID WASTE AND RECYCLING COLLECTION TO BLUE DIAMOND DISPOSAL INC.
WHEREAS, pursuant to authorization by the Mayor and Township Committee of the Township of Andover, the Township received sealed competitive bids for solid waste and recycling collection; and
WHEREAS, one (1) sealed bid was received and opened on September 16, 2020, in accordance with the bid specifications:
|Option 1(A)||three (3) year term||$2,160,000.00|
|Option 1(B)||five (5) year term||$3,510,000.00|
|Option 2(A)||three (3) year term||$2,340,000.00|
|Option 2(B)||five (5) year term||$3,810,000.00|
|Option 3(A)||three-year term||$2,214,000.00|
|Option 3(B)||five (5) year term||$3,600,000.00||Option 4(A)||three (3) year term||$2,394,000.00||Option 4(B)||five (5) year term||$3,900,000.00|
WHEREAS, said bid has been duly reviewed and analyzed by the Andover Township Attorney and Township DPW Director; and
WHEREAS, the Local Public Contracts Law requires that competitive bidding contracts be awarded to the lowest, responsible, responsive bidder; and
WHEREAS, the bid received from Blue Diamond Disposal Inc., for Option 1(B) – five (5) year term:
Type 10 materials shall be collected one (1) day per week year-round from all residents including Rolling Hills Condominiums, Ascot Apartments, and Municipal Facilities.
Recyclable materials - weekly pickup/alternating commodities. Fiber (magazines, newspapers, cardboard and junkmail) twice per month; commingled (plastic, tin, aluminum, glass) shall be collected twice per month year-round from all residences.
Recyclable materials including office paper and junk mail shall be collected once per week year-round from Rolling Hills Condominiums, Ascot Apartments and Municipal Facilities.
Bulky waste Type 13, other than building materials, tires and hazardous materials, shall be collected weekly (as generated) with regular trash pickup with a weight limit of 350 pounds.
Freon which has been removed from refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners (any appliance with Freon) will be pickup once per month by appointment through the town.
WHEREAS, the Chief Financial Officer has certified that sufficient funds are available for this service.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Township Committee of the Township of Andover, in the County of Sussex, and State of New Jersey as follows:
- The Township Committee hereby awards a contract to Blue Diamond Disposal Inc., 5 Brandywine Court, PO Box 267, Succasunna, New Jersey 07876 for solid waste and recycling collection in accordance with the bid specifications for Option 1(B) in the amount of $3,510,000 per year for five (5) years.
- The Mayor and Township Clerk are hereby authorized and directed to execute a contract with Blue Diamond Disposal Inc. in accordance with its bid for performing solid waste and recycling collection for the Township of Andover.
- The Township’s Chief Financial Officer has certified the availability of funds for this contract.
- This resolution and contract shall be available for public inspection in the office of the Township Clerk.
I, Patricia L. Bussow, Municipal Clerk of the Township of Andover, in the County of Sussex in the State of New Jersey, do hereby certify that the foregoing Resolution is a true copy of the Original Resolution duly passed and adopted by a majority of the full membership of the Andover Township Committee at its meeting on November 5, 2020.
Patricia L. Bussow, RMC, Administrator/Municipal Clerk
December 1, 2020